Lenten Special No. 2 | Recipe | Salmon Patties


                                       Salmon Patties, Green Bean Almondine and Long Grain & Wild Rice
One of Keith's favorite meals that his mom made for dinner while he was growing up is Salmon Patties.  I made them for our Friday Lenten dinner last night. This is the first time that I've made salmon patties.  They are so easy to make, and they're quite tasty as well.  When I mentioned to Keith that I was making them for dinner, I asked him what he would like for a side dish; he requested rice. I thought some fresh green beans from the fruit market would be good complimentary side with the salmon patties and rice.  Keith thought so too!
                    I adapted the recipe for the Salmon Patties and Sour Cream Sauce from here.
Keith loved  the addition of the sour cream sauce with the salmon patties.  It is really good, the lemon zest in the sauce adds a bright freshness to the patties.  I doubled the recipe for the patties, and made them first.  I placed them on some paper towel to remove the excess oil---- then put them on a sheet pan, and kept them warm in the oven (at 250* F)  while I made the side dishes. 
      I toasted the almonds in a small sauté pan, while I blanched the green beans.  I drained the beans---then, added them to the sauté pan with a pat of butter, and finished it all off with 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and sprinkled the almonds on top. I also prepared a packaged quick-cooking long grain & wild rice with herbs.  

      I'm so looking forward to daylight savings time returning this Sunday.  We're expecting temperatures above freezing next week!  


                                     Hang in there friends.  Spring is on its way!
                                                                    ~Marcie

Comments

Popular Posts