Henry Ford Museum | Engines Exposed

                                                                    1956 Chevolet Bel Air

On Friday February 12, 2016 Keith, Erich and I went to the Henry Ford Museum to see the 'Engines Exposed' exhibit.  Erich had the day off for 'mid-winter break' and Keith took a vacation day.  It has been far too long since we've been to the museum and we thought we would go before the exhibit ended.  I'm glad that we did because it was a great way to cure ourselves of the cabin-fever we've been experiencing.  We skipped the International Car Show this year at Cobo Hall----so it was about time we go to a venue with cars.
One of my favorite cars on display----1948 Tucker Sedan.
                                                                              1936 Cord
                                                                 Buick Riviera
                             I love the vintage Holiday Inn signage and 1960's room display.
                                                       Howard Johnson's a.k.a Ho-Jo's
                                     Erich with another favorite car---- 1963 Chrysler Turbine.
                           We also took time to check out the locomotives and Lionel train display.
                I spy Erich checking out the train display while Keith and I are in an engine car.
       Keith's father worked for Lionel Trains.   When Erich was in preschool we went to the Lionel Train Headquarters for a field trip.  Erich fell in love with them immediately.
                                                      Erich at Lionel Train Headquarters 2007
I just adore this little video.
1940 Home Movie: Lionel Trains for Christmas!

      After we left Henry Ford Museum we went to Kavan's for their Fish & Chips dinner.  I know!  It's hard to believe that we were so close to the Beefcarver and didn't go there for dinner. Lol!  Being as it was the first Friday of Lent--- we opted to go to Kavan's for old-time's sake.  Good ol' Kavan's.  It was nice to hang out in our old neighborhood, and their battered cod is the best!
         For 'Fat Tuesday" I made a batch of Nestle'Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies.   I also made a pot full of home-made chicken noodle soup.  Erich had two bowls of soup and when he was done he grabbed a couple of cookies off the cooling rack and ran out of the room!  Lol! I had plans to go to lunch the next day with my sister-in-law Sandy.  I gave her a couple dozen to share with her hubby Dale.  Keith took the rest to work with him--- which is fine with me, because I have a hard time resisting home-made cookies!

      I'm trying to keep my baking skills in good practice---- my daughter Stephenie is going to have her baby boy any time now; and of course I'm going to spoil my grandson with home-made goodies!  That's what Mimi's do!

                                                       
                                                                   Love,
                                                                         ~Marcie  
    

Comments

Popular Posts