Our Thanksgiving + Recipe | Pumpkin Muffins

     
      Thanksgiving this year was very different for our family.  I started a new part-time job for the holidays at one of my favorite department stores.   I worked Thanksgiving afternoon while the boys went to Keith's sister and brother-in-law's home for dinner with family.  This is the first time I have worked on Thanksgiving ever.  I baked 2 loaves of pumpkin bread on Tuesday for Keith and Erich to take over to his sister's for dessert.


       I planned on having Stephenie, Steven and Ryan over on Wednesday for a Thanksgiving dinner but when I checked on the turkey on Tuesday in our spare refrigerator---it was still frozen!  Ooops---first time that ever happened too.  Stephenie made a Thanksgiving dinner for Steven's mother on Tuesday and she said not to worry about it.

   
     


      I ended up roasting our turkey a few days after Thanksgiving with homemade dressing, serving it with mashed potatoes and canned cranberry sauce.  Like Ina says----"store bought is fine."  We enjoyed a few days of turkey sandwiches.   I made hot turkey sandwiches with gravy for Erich a couple of evenings before I went in for work.   I've made pumpkin muffins twice since Thanksgiving.  I dropped off some muffins for Ryan--- along with the Mickey Mouse Santie Claus that I bought for him and some Christmas decorations for Stephenie this week.
         I set the table with vintage Royal Doulton Grantham dinner plates topped with Wedgwood Queens Ware bread plates, vintage linen napkins with gold grossgrain ribbons with dried wheat.
  I decorated the table with seeded eucalyptus, persimmons, white pumpkins, white roses in pewter sugar and creamer; and set the placesettings with vintage silverplate utensils and vintage Libby harvest gold tumblers.
     I'm so thankful for my family and all the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon us and our friends. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love, 
        ~Marcie 
Pumpkin Muffins
                                                                Preheat oven 375* F
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves 
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 large eggs room temperature
1  15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon half and half

Place muffin liners in a muffin pan.  Yields 12 muffins.

In large mixing bowl wish together dry ingredients.  
In med mixing bowl whisk the eggs together then add oil. pumpkin puree, half and half and stir together.  
Add wet ingedients to dry and mix together.  
With large spoon or ice cream scoop fill muffin liners to top and smooth the batter. 
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts