Our Christmas-Time

                                                          Merry Christmas Everyone! 
       It's been far too long since I've posted anything on the blog.  I started working at my favorite Fruit & Vegetable Market in mid-October.  I really enjoy working again.  I have met a lot of really nice people, and I've seen some friends that I haven't seen in years.  Thanksgiving and Christmas-time was quite busy at the market.  Within the market, there is a bakery that features pastries, pies, and cakes that are patisserie worthy.  There's also a cafe, florist/floral department, sushi bar, and a 'Gourmet to Go' section--- in addition to a full grocery section.  I would love to blog about the market, however we are not allowed to post anything on social media.  I've been shopping there for years,  and it's where I buy most of my produce, meat and flowers----like the white roses and hydrangeas I bought for Mother's Day last year.  Most of the time I run out the door at the end of my shift--- otherwise I would spend the majority of my paycheck before I leave.  There's way too many temptations within the premises!  
     We went to Blake's Farm on the second weekend of December to pick out our Christmas tree and we bought some doughnuts and cider while we were there.
                                      I love watching the way they process the trees.
      I snapped a photo of the boys by the vintage Blake's truck before we left.
      "What's-His-Name"  found his way upstairs to help decorate again this year.  Thank goodness,  I needed a helper this year!               
      
      I worked six hours at the fruit market on Christmas Eve and then came home and got ready to go to 7:00 p.m. Christmas Eve service with Keith, Erich and Mom.  It was a beautiful candlelight service and our pastor gave a great sermon.
                                                              Zehnder's Restaurant
      The day after Christmas we decided to go to Frankenmuth, Michigan for dinner at Zehnder's and to hopefully walk around for a while.  Unfortunately, it started raining after we had dinner.  We did go for a little walk to Rau's Country Store and then we drove to Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland.
                                                         Erich at Zender's        
                                                Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland
                               The Nativity scene near the Silent Night Chapel at Bronner's.

      I hope everyone had a blessed and happy Christmas.  It's hard to believe that it's New Year's Eve already!  This year just flew by.  I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe New Year's Eve. 

                                                                      Love,
                                                                          ~Marcie

     

Comments

Popular Posts