Happy New Year

                                                             Happy New Year!
       We had Chinese Take-out for dinner New Years Eve.  The boys hung out together most of the evenng in the basement working on the train tables while I finished frosting the chocolate cake I baked during the day.  Poor Erich stayed up for the countdown to midnight and to watch the ball drop in Times Square and then mama said, "good night."  We had our take-out dinner kind of late and none of us were hungry for the cake after midnight.  I was off New Years Eve, but had to work New Years Day.  Mama needed to get her beauty rest!  lol
        We went to Three Blind Mice Irish Pub and Restaurant in downtown Mount Clemens for dinner New Years day after I came home from work. 
This is the first time we took Erich there.  He really liked the 'Bangers and Mash' and the atmosphere.
I lit the sparklers on the chocolate cake New Years Day night.

      I'm finally getting over the holiday-lag.  I worked a lot of crazy hours over the retail 'holiday-rush' and 'holiday-return' season.  I've had a few days off in a row and been working on some projects around the house.  I also have made some new soups, meals and baking goodies.  I plan to share some recipes soon.

      I hope everyone's New Year is off to a good start.  Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2017!
                                           
                               
                                                                      Love,
                                                                            ~Marcie


   

Comments

Popular Posts