Happy New Year!

                                                                    Happy New Year!
      I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve.  We kept ours simple again this year.  The Hubster requested a white cake for dessert this year.  I baked the cake earlier in the day.  I wanted to make a white fluffy frosting for him (that's what he likes) and I tried a new recipe.  I'm never trying a new recipe on same day of a celebration again.  It tastes really good but the texture of the frosting was hard to work with---and that put me behind in dinner preparation.  We went out for dinner at a local pub which worked out very nice.  We don't like to stray away too far from our home on NYE.  We got out of the house for a little while and honestly, it kept me from getting sleepy.  lol


      The boys spent time together in the basement at the train tables again this year after dinner, while I watched TV.  I called the boys up when it was around 11:30 p.m. and brought the cake to the dining room table, then Hubster and I took a NYE selfie.  lol   Wow! What party animals, right?  lol
I'm just happy to spend time together no matter what we're doing.

               
                 I hope everyone has a healthy New Year filled with many happy moments spent with family and friends.
  

Love, 
         ~Marcie


Comments

Popular Posts