Recipe | Cranberry Orange Nut Bread


      Another year is coming to an end.  I always think to myself, it's hard to believe how fast it seems to go.  I started taking my Christmas decor down in the living room and dining room to get it ready for our annual NYE celebration.  I'm keeping the tree up until January 6th for the Epiphany.  I love the way the tree looks with just the glow from the white lights.  I have some fresh cranberries left from Christmas, so I thought I'd make this cranberry/orange bread.   

       


Cranberry Orange Nut Bread 
Adapted from Food 52

Ingredients

2  cups all-purpose flour
1  cup granulated sugar
1 1/2  teaspoons baking powder
1  teaspoon salt
1/2  cup butter, diced and chilled
1  tablespoon grated orange zest
3/4  cup fresh orange juice
2  large eggs, room temperature
1/3  cup sour cream
2  teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
1/4  cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped

Glaze
1  cup Confectioner's sugar
1/4  teaspoon orange zest
2-4  Tablespoons fresh orange juice

Preheat oven 350*F
Grease 9x5 loaf pan

Method:

Wisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Cut cold diced butter in to flour mixture until it resembles pea sized, coarse meal.

In a medium bowl whisk together zest, 3/4 cup orange juice, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.

Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix just until combined.  
Do not over mix.

Fold in cranberries and nuts.

Pour batter in to pan and bake for 60 minutes.

Leave in pan to cool for 15 minutes. 

Once cool, whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice to desired thickness.

Slowly pour glaze over bread.  
 

Comments

Popular Posts