Greenfield Village

      Sunday we met Mom at church.  I gave Mom a bag of tomatoes and some of the "baked" beans I made the night before in the parking lot.  After worship service---- Keith, Erich and I went to Greenfield Village.  This weekend there wasn't a special event at the village. It was nice to explore a different area of  the village.  This time we spent quite awhile at the Harvey Firestone Farm.
                                                            Harvey  Firestone Farmhouse
                                                          Firestone Farmhouse Kitchen
                                               The Docents cook, can and clean on site.




    Firestone Farm is a year round working farm; even in the winter when the village is closed to the public, the animals are taken care of---- on site.
 
                                                                  
                                                                      Is that Henny Penny?
                  
 Awww---an  adorable calf.  I called her "Baby" and she walked up to the fence.
Sweet little sheep.
I loved going inside the barn it reminded me of my early childhood. 

Loranger Gristmill built in 1832 at Stoney Creek, near Monroe, Michigan. 
Duck, duck, duck................

 Smiths Creek Train Station relocated from Port Huron, Michigan.  We rode the train around the entire village. 


Daggett Farm 1754




Dried Flowers 


Dried  Dill & Herbs
Cabbage
Dill
Nasturtium
Onions
'The Boys' near the corn field.
We went for a ride in a Model T before we left the village. 
Sign of the Beefcarver Parking Lot Signage LOL!  

      And of course, we had dinner at the Carver after we left Greenfield Village.   Yum!  On Labor Day we stayed home and worked on things around the house.  Keith dodged a few raindrops in the evening and managed to  cook some steaks on the barbeque before it stormed.  I made potato salad earlier to go with some of the tomatoes I've been  harvesting.  It was a nice ending to a summer that seemed to fly by, and it's back to school time for Erich..  I must confess, I did the 'Happy Dance' when Erich got on the bus this morning! 

P.S.
And I don't feel the least bit guilty.   



~Marcie
: )

Comments

Popular Posts