Blake's Big Apple Orchard


Yesterday afternoon was such a nice autumn day I decided that I wanted to surprise Erich and take him for a ride to Blake's Big Apple Orchard.  He's been asking me to make apple crisp for him ever since fall has arrived.  So when he got home from school I said to Erich, "come with me, we're going for a ride.  I've got a surprised for you!"  He had no idea what I was up to until we started driving north bound on North Avenue and then he asked me if I was taking him to Blake's in Armada.  Usually he is not so keen on doing anything right after school, but even Erich cannot resist Blake's doughnuts and cider!
      Erich couldn't get over how big some of the apples were, and he thought they looked so pretty hanging in bunches on the limbs.  I'm surprised how much he really enjoyed picking apples.  And there's nothing like eating an apple fresh from the orchard.
Of course we had to get a pix of all the farm tractors.
There's a petting farm for the little kiddos.
Animated Country Band 
Blake's Zombie Paintball Safari 
Blake's also has pumpkins, gourds, corn, tomatoes, green beans, and other fruits vegetables that you can pick or buy throughout the growing season. 
Of course we love the cider and doughnuts the best! 

      Hope everyone has a chance to take time and enjoy a few fall-favorite activities.  The leaves on the trees are starting to change color and the countryside has wild asters and goldenrod in bloom, and as long as the sun is shining I'm a happy mama.  The boys have just about finished the doughnuts, I guess that means I need to make some apple crisp! 

                                                           
                                                                     ~Marcie            

  

Comments

Popular Posts