Mother's Day Week

                                                        My Mother's Miniature Iris
      My mom's miniature Iris' bloomed the day before Mother's day.  They have been pretty consistent with blooming on Mother's day weekend.  I love that.  It's so wonderful to have a living legacy from my mama--- that I look forward to every year.  We've been pretty blessed to have a nice week, weather wise, and I was able to play in my garden Friday afternoon.  It's good therapy for me, both mentally and physically.
      On Thursday, May 5, my friend Sandy and I went to Greenfield Village for the first visit of the year.  It was partly sunny, mid-sixties and a little windy, overall, a lovely day to spend at the village.

     We stopped at Subway to pick up some subs to eat at the village.  I brought apples and home made blueberry muffins to go with our subs.


      We had company while eating our little pic-a-nic lunch, near the pond across from the Grist mill.



      There was a mama goose with her babies--- that came close to us as well, and when she realized we weren't going to share our goodies, she decided to move on and look for greener pastures.
      We also visited the Harvey Firestone Farm where there were several mama sheep that had newborn baby lambs.  There are so adorable.
     
       I really enjoyed spending the day with my friend Sandy at the village.  We plan on going back another day--- there is just too much to see and do in one afternoon.

       Of course we could not resist, being as we were so close by---to stop in at the Sign of the Beefcarver and pick up some roast beef carry-out.  Both of our hubbies were quite pleased.

       Sunday morning Keith, Erich and I met Mom at church for worship service.  Afterwards we went to Max & Erma's for lunch at Patridge Creek.  It was a nice, sunny afternoon.


        Here is my beautiful daughter Stephenie and her adorable son Ryan at the new Penguin Exhibit at the Detroit Zoo.  Seeing my daughter with her baby is the best Mother's Day gift of all!

      I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day.  I thank God for my mother, who is now with the Lord in heaven.  I wish she were here to see Stephenie and Ryan.  I know she would just love Ryan to pieces.  

                                                           
                                                                    ~Marcie



Comments

Popular Posts