Thursdays With Sandy

     
      My sister-in-law and friend Sandy and I have been getting together on Thursdays [when we're able to] for the past few years.  We usually have lunch together and then go to a planned venue.  We love going to antique shops and thrift stores.


      Two weeks ago, Sandy invited me over for ham salad sandwiches for lunch, and then we watched The Peanuts Movie.  It was so cute.  Last week we went to Greenfield Village.  This Thursday I brought egg salad sandwiches over to her house for lunch and then we headed over to Yates Cider Mill.
       It was a beautiful day in May, perfect for a walk through the wooded nature trail with Sandy and her doggie Maizie.  While we were walking we found some surprises along the way.   Of course, I took pictures of the flowers.  
                                                        Trillium Michigan's State Flower
      Sandy spied Philippians 4:13 written on the fence.  'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'  Amen.
      This was the first time that I've been to the cider mill in the spring.  It sure was a lovely day and I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful spring flowers and trees with sweet delicate blossoms.  Sandy's birthday is coming up soon and I have a special lunch planned for her.  If the the weather is nice we may go play a game putt-putt.  If not, perhaps a game of rummy---either way we're bound to have a good time.

           It actually snowed here in S.E. Michigan this morning and our high today was fifty degrees.  Crazy Michigan weather!

                                           Hope everyone is enjoying springtime.
                                                      
                                                         
                                                                  ~Marcie            

Comments

Popular Posts