Recipe | Chicken Chili


This week has been the week for soups and stews!  We've had a major snow storm, and chilly weather.  I love making soups and stews--- they are delicious, comforting, and it's a bonus when it's made in one pot!  lol  I've been going through my cook books and recipes (that I've torn from magazines) ever since the holidays, and making a list of what I need on hand and stocking up. Ina Garten's Chicken Chili is one recipe that I've been wanting to make.  I made a smaller batch than what the recipe calls for, and substituted a few ingredients for what I have in my pantry, and I used rotisserie chicken in place of baked chicken breast.  It's a quick and easy recipe, it's soo good, and the boys loved it!  Need I say more?

Chicken Chili
Adapted from: Barefoot Contessa Parties!

1  Rotisserie chicken, meat and skin removed from the bones and diced 
1-  28 ounce can salt free crushed tomatoes
16 ounces low sodium chicken broth
1  red pepper diced (seeds removed)
1  yellow pepper diced (seeds removed)
1  medium yellow onion diced
2  garlic cloves minced
2  teaspoons chili powder
1/2  teaspoon ground cumin 
1/2  teaspoon dried basil  
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1  teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2  teaspoon freshly ground pepper
A couple of dashes of Frank's hot sauce 


Method
Saute' peppers and onions in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until tender.  Add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds, until fragrant.  Add spices, salt and pepper, crushed tomato sauce, chicken broth, Frank's hot sauce and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.  Add chicken, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.  

Serve with grated sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.  

Enjoy!
 
   ~Marcie






Comments

Popular Posts