Hi there and welcome!

My name is Marcie and this is my wonderful husband Keith, our 12 yr old son Erich and monkey too!  We also have a 28 yr old daughter, Stephenie and a new son-in-law Steve.  Keith and I are proud native Detroiters.  Keith grew up in Detroit.  My family moved from Detroit when I was a toddler and I moved back into city limits at age 21 with Stephenie when she was a baby.  Our family frequents the city of Detroit as often as possible as we love the wealth of historical culture, architectural gems, the history of the automotive industry and the entertainment venues in Detroit.  As the true Detroiters that we are, from the Motor City---- we also love CARS !  It's in the blood, so to speak. Keith's  grandfather worked at the Packard Plant, my great-grandfather worked at the Dodge Main Plant in Hamtramck.  Keith's father was also one of the founding members of Motor City Packards ----an avid Packard owner and collector. My father was a certified master auto mechanic and owner of a 1956 Lincoln Premiere.

Keith, Erich and I are members of  Motor City Packards and The Packard Club.   Keith is a committee member at The Packard Proving Grounds Historic Site in Shelby Twp, MI.  Last year,  The Packard Club's 48th National Meet was held in the Metro-Detroit area,  June 23, 2013 through June 28,2013.   It was an exciting 6 days of Detroit/Metro Detroit activities!  We met people from all around the country and there were even guests from Great Britain, France and Australia!  Being members of Motor City Packards has been such a blessing to our family on so many levels----mostly for the stellar members of  MCP.  It's really a great family orientated organization to be a part of and I'm really looking forward to this years events.

My interests also include---- cooking, baking, gardening, floral arranging, entertaining, decorating, sewing and collecting vintage linens, dinnerware and cookbooks!  My hubby likes to take photos of some of the meals that I prepare and I thought that starting a blog may be a fun way to share some of my home-made cooking.  Keith calls me 'Chez Marcais' ----I am not a chef by any means however, I have made some really yummy meals and deserts that bring my boys to the table.  Of course the scent of bacon wafting in the air will get their attention----- even when they're working on a car in the garage!  Lol!

The photo above was taken while we were waiting in line at the Edsel and Eleanor Ford House  [Henry Ford's son and daughter-in-law's home] to see The Detroit Symphony Orchestra's Bossa nova concert.  I have loved Bossa nova music since I was a child.  Garota de Impanema [Girl From Ipanema] is one of my all time favorite songs, I recall my parents playing Herb Alpert's LP version many times growing up.  What a  thrill it was to hear DSO's performance  at the gorgeous Ford House estate on a warm summer evening with fireworks following the concert! It truly was an evening that I will remain a fond memory for many years to come.


I've been wanting to start a blog for some time now however, I am still learning how to navigate on the computer.  My 12 year old fearless, computer wiz-kid is educating me along the way.   So please bear with me---there's more to follow soon.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

~Marcie


Comments

Popular Posts