Recipe | Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Muffins


                                                  Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Muffins

Yesterday I visited my daughter Stephenie and grandson Ryan.  Being a new mom, Stephenie is very busy with Ryan and she barely has time to cook meals, let alone bake goodies.  I baked some Buttermilk Chocolate Chip muffins to bring over for Stephenie and Steve.  Olga's was offering buy one entree, get one entree free; so I offered to treat Stephenie to lunch.  Ryan slept the whole time we were at Olga's.  It was nice to get together and for both of us to get out of the house!  It's cool and gray here in S.E Michigan---the  perfect weather for baking.  I have been wanting to make Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Muffins ever since I've seen a picture of them on Pinterest.  I tweaked my 'go to muffin recipe' and they came out better than I hoped---- moist, not too sweet, and the chocolate chips just melt in your mouth.

Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Muffins                                                            Preheat oven 425* F

Recipe adapted from my vintage 'Baking Is Fun' 1945 Ann Pillsbury's Basic Recipes booklet.
Makes 12 muffins

Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.

In a large mixing bowl using a wire wisk mix together:
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Wisk together in large measuring cup:
1 room temperature large egg
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla

Pour liquid ingredients into mixing bowl with dry ingredients and stir together till moistened.  Fill paper cupcake liners with batter and place pan in preheated oven.
Bake 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

         I'm so glad that it's May!  Hopefully the weather will warm up soon.  I did manage to go outside the other day and play in my garden.  It is such good therapy to be outside in the fresh air, sunshine and to hear the birds chirping away!

      Mother's day is this weekend.  We have plans to meet mom at church and then go to lunch together afterwards.  Hope everyone has a blessed Mother's Day!

                                                         Love,
                                                              ~Marcie


Comments

Popular Posts