Recipe | Chicken Piccata---- It's What [Was] For Dinner

                                                                          Chicken Piccata

      I made Chicken Piccata this evening for dinner.  The boys loved it.  There's no leftover's, just a lot of pots and pans, utensils and dishes.  Lol!  I also made a package of long-grain rice and simple spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, S & P.  Here is the link to the recipe I used by: Williams-Sonoma  I replaced the shallots with minced garlic.  I doubled the sauce because I really like to condense the sauce.  I added the drained capers with the wine, lemon juice and chicken broth. Once the sauce starts to condense, then I add the chicken back in the pan.  I simmered the sauce for five minutes, removed the chicken.  I turned off the burner, added 2 tablespoons of cold butter to the sauce and let it melt slowly.  This creates a richer denser sauce.



Today I had some errands to run and while I was out I stopped at 'My Favorite Store' a.k.a. The Salvation Army.  I found these lovely Hall Au Gratin dishes and a vintage Fire-King pie plate.  I can't wait to use them.  I've got a few recipes in mind already!



                      Tomorrow it's back to spring cleaning around the house.  I noticed some weeds popped up in my garden over the past few days.  If the soil isn't too damp--- I'll be digging them out too.  I'm really hoping the weather will warm up so that I can plant some herbs in the planters on the patio.  Memorial weekend is coming up in 2 weeks already!  Then, before I know it Erich will be out of school for the summer.  Good grief! Charlie Brown!

                                                Enjoy these last few weeks of spring friends!
                                                               
                                                                   
                                                                       ~Marcie
                                               


Comments

Popular Posts