The First Sign of Spring

      One of the first signs of spring arrived in my mailbox on Saturday afternoon----a White Flower Farm catalog; it has been a perennial favorite of mine for many years.  My mom introduced me to their catalogs.  Mama spent hours during winter months daydreaming through the pages of her flower-garden books, catalogs, and photo albums.  My beloved Mama was diagnosed with Lewy-body dementia in 2004.  I am so grateful to have her collection of gardening journals.  My mom's love of gardening has been passed down to my daughter and me.  My mom's grandfather and her mother had a passion for gardening.  I hope that Erich will also have an interest in gardening someday.        
      I was so thrilled to find these drawings when Mama moved down-state from her home 'up north'. 
My mom also kept a photographic journal of her flower beds.
Mama and Sammy
Mama gardening at the assisted living center.
       Even in the mid-stage of dementia Mama loved to "play in the dirt".  Mama went home to be with the Lord on March 25, 2010.  I miss her so much, however,  I'm glad that she is at peace and no longer struggling with dementia.  During worship service on Sunday, we sang one of my favorite hymns; 'Beautiful Savoir'.  I chose 'Beautiful Savoir' for one of the hymns at my mom's memorial service because it reminds us that what is more beautiful than God's creation--- is our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. 

       How comforting to know that we have the assurance of eternal life with our Father God and the Lord Jesus, where He will wipe our tears away (Revelation 21:4); and we will be with our loved-ones---for eternity.
 ~Marcie
     
                
       
 Beautiful Savior
Author Unknown
Translated by: Joseph A. Seiss 1823-1904 

Beautiful Savior
King of creation
Son of God and Son of Man
Truly I'd love Thee,
Truly I'd serve Thee
Light of my soul, my Joy, my Crown

Fair are the meadows,
Fair are the woodlands
Robed in flowers of blooming spring.
Jesus is fairer,
Jesus is purer;
He makes our sorrowing spirit sing.

Fair is the sunshine,
Fair is the moonlight
Bright sparkling stars on high.
Jesus shines brighter,
Jesus shines purer
From all the angels in the sky.

Beautiful Savoir
Lord of the nations
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor
Praise, adoration;
Now and forevermore be Thine!

Comments

Popular Posts