Autumn's End

   Wow!  Thanksgiving is just a few days away.  It hasn't been a very nice fall---it's been cool, grey and rained a lot.  There were a few nice days and I did manage to go to my favorite antique stores and the cider mill.
             Stephenie, Stephen, Ryan and I went to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.
The Hubster and I went to Blake's Cider Mill one Sunday afternoon.
Here's the sunset on our way home.
                                                     I made Ina's Homemade Applesauce.             
Even during overcast days filled with light rain showers the trees showed off their beautiful leaves.
              I've made several batches of my spiced pumpkin muffins for when Ryan came over to visit.
   Velvet bittersweet pillows and pumpkin on the coffee table brings a touch of fall to the living room.
                                            Cooler weather calls for roast chicken dinner.
                        Keith and I went to Grand Trunk Pub on Woodward Avenue in Detroit.
                                       We celebrated 20 years of marriage on October 11, 2017!
                       Ina's Chicken Stew with Biscuits help to warm us on a chilly autumn evening.
      The L'Anse Creuse North Marching Crusaders ushered in the Claus' again this year in the Mt.
Clemens Santa Parade. 
      I went shopping today and the roads and stores are so busy!  It's starting to feel like the holidays with the stores filled to the brim with merchandise and holiday music playing.  I went to Trader Joe's and bought a boxwood wreath for our front door---so I guess it's official, I've started my Xmas decorating.
      Tomorrow will be spent baking Spiced Pumpkin Bread and prepping the dish I'm bringing to my neice and nephew's house for Thanksgiving.

                                 Hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving with their loved ones.
                                                                     Love,
                                                                          ~Marcie

                                           

Comments

Popular Posts