Happy New Year!!



  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

      Where did the time go?
The older I get, the faster the time seems to pass, and 2018 went by fast!  I'm looking forward to starting this new year---my daughter and son-in-law are expecting their second child, near the same time that Ryan will turn 3 years old.

      I'm planning on painting the linen closet.  I really need to scan my parents family pictures and put them in albums.   I've been organizing my storage room and I have already donated a lot of things I no longer use. I have some sewing projects lined up.  One of the best things about the winter months--- is that I have more time to try new recipes.

      
      We stayed home again this year to celebrate NYE.  For dinner I made Panko Crusted Dijon Salmon, steamed baby red potatoes with fresh dill, asparagus and shrimp cocktail.  After dinner the three of us went our separate ways for a while and then we played Aggravation.  We took turns playing our favorite songs.  Erich and I won 2 games each and the Hubster won the last game.  It was really a fun evening. 
 I turned Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve on at 11:30 p.m. and we watched the ball drop as we counted down the seconds down for midnight. xx
                    For dessert I made a yellow and chocolate marble cake with chocolate frosting.  


                  Best wishes for many days spent making sweet memories with family and friends,
                                                 and a year full of happiness and good health.
                                                            
                                                             
                                                                           Love, 
                                                                               ~Marcie

Comments

Popular Posts