Inspiration | Breakfast Nook

Breakfast Nook Inspiration
Photo sources above and below unknown.

               This week has been extremely cold with temps and wind chills at double digits below zero.  Erich didn't mind---he had 4 days off from school.  lol 

I've had cabin fever and went through my old magazines.

Here are some breakfast nook pics that I've always been drawn to.

          I adore the patina of the antique gate leg table and chairs.  How pretty are those topiaries?
                                                        (Country Living January 2002)
      This image is from an advertisement for Imperial Wallpaper.  I love the round table with the Windsor chairs.  Not sure if I could live with the wallpaper here in Michigan with the long grey winter days.   However, it does add the element of history and coziness that I long for.
      Shutters, distressed farm table, chairs with skirted cushions and that wooden box full of dahlias!  What's not to like, right?  (Country Living April 2008)
      Rustic table, brass sconces, linen slip covered chairs and wrap around bench seating.  Who wouldn't love all those windows with a view like this?  (Martha Stewart Living)
      This is from a Williams Sonoma Home catalog.  The wicker chairs with the marble top table is so very chic.  Unfortunately, it's not practical for our family.

      I painted our kitchen and breakfast nook this past summer just to freshen it up.   I've been looking for an antique dining set to replace our farmhouse table and Windsor chairs.  I haven't found what I really want as of yet , so I'm in decorating limbo for now.  I'm hoping once the weather breaks I'll find something at one of my favorite antique or a furniture  resale stores.  Then I'll choose fabrics for new window treatments and chair cushions.

      January is not my favorite month of the year---it's too cold and dreary to leave the house.  I tend to hibernate in our home.  It's kind of nice to have some time to unwind from the busyness of the holidays and curl up on the sofa with the fireplace roaring, and enjoy watching movies and reading books and magazines.
                   
                                  Hope everyone's new year is off to a healthy, happy start.
                                                       
                                                                   Love,
                                                                       ~Marcie                                 
                                                 
   



Comments

Popular Posts