Recipe | Chili con Carne

 

Happy January!
      This is time of year that I start making our family's fav soups, stews, and comfort food.  We had a relatively mild fall.   I've made a few casseroles, but I haven't made I roast yet.  It's been cooler the past few days, and tomorrow we're expecting a snow storm, so I made my fav Chili con Carne and corn bread.  The great thing about making soups and stews is that it's nice to have leftovers on hand to heat up after the boys come in after snow removal. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I've seen a few new recipes on insta that I'm excited to try this year.  I will post if they are as tasty--- as they look.  



Chili con Carne

Ingredients

1  pound ground beef 90/10
1  medium yellow onion, chopped
1/2  cup green bell pepper chopped finely
1  garlic clove, minced
1  can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1  can mild chili beans in sauce, rinsed
1  can Campbell's tomato soup
1  28 oz. can crushed tomatoes (Delallo)
1/2  teaspoon dried basil
2  teaspoons chili powder
1  pinch red pepper flakes
1/2  teaspoon salt
1/4  teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1  dash Tabasco sauce
1-2  dashes Frank's Hot sauce 

Method:

In a large pot or Dutch oven cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until browned.
Stir in can of crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, rinsed/drained beans, dried basil, chili powder, red pepper flakes, S&P, Tabasco sauce, and Frank's hot sauce.

Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally. 



Cheesy Jiffy Cornbread Muffins

1  box Jiffy cornbread mix
1/4  cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/3  cup milk

Method:

Bake according to package directions.




Comments

Popular Posts