Recipe | Quick & Easy Coffee Cake

 


Who doesn't like coffee cake?  I'm always game for a new recipe.  Especially if it's easy.  I also like recipes with ingredients that I consider staples in my pantry, and can easily make when I'm in the mood for a treat.  I also like that this is a smaller cake. 


Quick & Easy Coffee Cake

Preheat oven to 350*F

Grease 9x9 baking dish

Ingredients:

In a large bowl whisk together:
1-1/2  cups all-purpose flour
3/4  cup granulated sugar
2  teaspoons baking powder
1/2  teaspoon salt

In a separate bowl whisk together:
2  eggs, room temperature
1/2  cup milk
1/4  cup vegetable oil

Method:
Mix egg mixture in bowl with dry ingredients.

Pour batter into greased 9x9 baking dish.

Streusel:
1/4  cup granulated sugar
1/3  cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1-1/2  teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8  teaspoon nutmeg
1  stick butter. melted
1/3  cup all-purpose flour
 
Combine sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl.
Stir in melted butter, and then add flour.
Mix well and sprinkle streusel evenly on top of batter.
 

Bake for 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.








Comments

Popular Posts