Happy New Year!

  We decided to stay home this year for New Year's Eve.  The boys picked up Chinese carry out for dinner and we spent the evening drawing on craft paper.  When Keith and I were dating we used to go to a restaurant in Detroit called 'The Flying Machine' and I always sat right next to him in the booth.   The waitress would put a fresh piece of white craft paper on the table and write her name on the paper and say, "Hi, my name is_______, I'll be your server tonight."  Drawing on paper is something that we enjoy doing as a family during the winter months.
Guess who is drawing?  There's no surprise here---- Erich loves to draw cars!
The Boys & Monkey 
Hey Monkey, what are you doing over there?
            Keith drew a great picture his grandfather's ID badge from the Packard Plant.
   I drew my version of some of my favorite illustrations from my Mama's vintage Cooky Cookbook.
       I put Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve on at 11:30 p.m.   Keith offered to open the bubbly, but I asked if we could save it for another occasion because drawing made me feel tired.  I just managed to stay awake for the final count down to midnight.  Lol!  Of course, I remember watching Rockin' New Year's Eve with Dick Clark hosting.  I'm old school.  I also watched American Bandstand every Saturday when I was growing up.  Dick Clark was great.
    
Happy New Year!
                                                               
                                                                             ~Marcie

Comments

Popular Posts