Recipe | My First Quiche

My first quiche.  I Know!  It's hard to believe, but it's true.     
    It was sooo easy, I've been asking myself ------what took me so long?  It was love at first bite for Keith.   I made it on Saturday while he was at work and I warmed it up Sunday morning before we went to church. The first thing he said was, "Oh My Goodness!"  Followed by, "Ummm this is sooo Good!!!"  I wasn't expecting him to like it so much.  I intended on making one over the holiday break.  I bought the quiche pan about 4 years ago and its been in my pantry, along with the bundt pan that I bought a couple of years ago.  Part of the reason I haven't used them is because I have no self control when it comes to bake goods, sweet or savory. Haha!  I cook nearly every day, sometimes up to three times a day.  This was the second time in a  week I didn't leave the house due to the low temps and sub-zero wind chill.  I'm sure I'll be using the bundt pan soon being as the weather will continue to be quite cold and snowy.  The boys are loving my baked goodies.  I was a good girl.  I only had 2 small slices of the Pineapple Upside-Down cake.  Honest.   If it were chocolate, well----I doubt that I could resist.  In fact, I know I couldn't!! Lol!
Spinach Quiche

1  refrigerated pie crust
1 10 o.z. frozen chopped spinach
     thawed and completely drained
1 small clove garlic finely minced
4  large eggs
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Pinch of grated nutmeg

Preheat oven 400*F

Roll pie crust 2 inches larger that pie or pastry pan.  Press dough into bottom and sides of pan.  With a fork, prick the bottom of the crust allover.


Bake 10-12 minutes or until the crust is light brown.  Remove crust from oven; lower temperature to 350*F.
Add minced garlic to drained spinach.
Arrange spinach and cheese over crust.  Wisk together eggs, milk, ntmeg, salt and pepper.  Pour mixture over spinach and cheese.
Carefully place pan in oven.

Bake 50-55 minutes or until eggs are set and light golden brown. 
Let cool 15 minutes before serving. 



                                                                 bon appe'tite !
                                                                     ~Marcie

Comments

Popular Posts