RUSH R40 Concert

      On Sunday June 14, 2015 Keith, Erich and I went to the Palace in Auburn Hills to see RUSH in concert!!!  This was Erich's first RUSH concert.  This is the third time that I have seen them live.  The first time was way back in 1981 at Cobo Hall Arena when I was still in high school.  Keith and I saw them two years ago.  I think that they were extra-phenomenal Sunday night and it seemed surreal to see them again!
                                                                         RUSH Concert Selfie!
There was no opening act-- RUSH only took two short breaks, they played over 2 hours + an encore! 
RUSH started the concert with 'The Anarchist' and 'Clockwork Angels' then worked their way back through 40 years of music.  They played one of Erich Favs 'One Little Victory' and some of our favorite tunes 'Tom Sawyer', 'Subdivisions', 'Spirit of the Radio', 'Red Barchetta', 'Closer to the Heart'
'Lakeside Park' and closed with "Working Man'.  
 
Geddy Lee on the large screen,  Alex Lifeson (stage right)  Neil Peart on drums (center stage) and Geddy Lee (stage left).  It's incredible how three men are able to create such beautiful and  powerful music.  They're three of the greatest musicians ever--- in my humble opinion. 
      I keep thinking about the concert, and I can still hear RUSH tunes in my head---  I can't believe that we saw RUSH again! I'm thrilled that Erich was able to go with us this time and see them live in concert. 


It was great 
Singing songs together
though it's just a memory
Some memories last forever..................



~Marcie 


Comments

Popular Posts