Recipe | Mimi's Tuna Macaroni Salad

Tuna Macaroni Salad
      The other day my daughter Stephenie brought her son Ryan over for me to babysit in the morning.   I asked her if I made some Tuna Macaroni Salad if she would like to have some for lunch and take the rest home--- she said, "yes please!"

      I was a single mom for 12 years, and in the summertime I made a lot of my mother's recipe of Tuna Macaroni Salad.  I don't make it very often now because my hubby and son don't like it as much as we do.  lol

      I also made a batch of brownies for Stephenie's husband Steven.   Apparently, Steven likes the salad too.  He had some at dinner-time.


Mimi's Tuna Macaroni Salad 

8 oz.  elbow macaroni cooked according to package directions and rinsed under cold water in             colander til cooled, then drain completely 
1 cup  canned tender sweet peas, drained   (add last)
3  stalks celery finely chopped
1/4 cup  onion finely chopped 
1 9 oz.  can tuna, drained
1 to 1 1/2  cups Miracle Whip
1 tsp.  yellow mustard 
1 tsp.  salt
1/4 tsp.  ground black pepper

Mix drained macaroni with all the ingredients above in a large bowl until fully incorporated.  Gently stir in sweet peas.  Garnish with celery leaves.  Refrigerate immediately.

                                                             
                       Summer is going by too quickly.  It's almost August already, and Erich will be going to band camp.  I'm hearing ads for back-to-school sales!  I don't even want to think about that.  Erich doesn't go back to school until after Labor Day weekend.  I'm hoping to squeeze in a few fun activities before then.

                                                      
                                                                           
                                                                  ~Marcie

Comments

Popular Posts