A Birthday Remembrance | Mama's Birthday


        Today would have been my mother's 77th birthday.  Mama went home to be with the Lord 4 years ago.  I miss her very much, however I'm glad that she is at peace.  My mother's passion in life----flowers and gardening, and she said that she felt close to God while she was working in the garden.  It's hard for me not to think of  the Lord, when I'm outside enjoying His wonderful earthly creations.   The photograph above is my mom when she was about 15 years old in my grandmother's garden, holding Dahlias.  Mama grew Dahlias when I was a teenager, they were gorgeous.   My father loved my mother's gardens.  Every year for Mother's day and Mama's birthday we would give her 'flower money'.  My mother had hundreds of perennials in her gardens and she gave me some of her Iris, Day lilies, Hosta, and Peonies.  It's so nice to have a living legacy, from Mama, in my garden.  I like to think that someday when we are reunited with the Lord, we will tend  the gardens of heaven together.  When I consider how beautiful the flowers are in this fallen world----it's hard to imagine how much more marvelous the flowers will be in heaven.


Mimi's Peony
Periwinkle Blue Iris
Pale Yellow Miniature Iris
Lime Green Variegated Hosta

Psalm 98:4
Shout to the LORD, all the earth;
break out in praise, and sing for joy!

Mama 

 When I think about Mama, I like to remember her where she was the happiest on earth----in the garden, close to God.

~Marcie
            

Comments

Popular Posts