Motor Muster at Greenfield Village | Father's Day


        It has become a tradition for our family to go to the Motor Muster car show at Greenfield Village on Father's Day.  The Motor Muster car show is usually the first event of the summer season that we go to at Greenfield Village. This year Keith filled out an event registration for his 1955 Packard Clipper Super for consideration in entering the Motor Muster car show June 14-15, 2014, and his car was accepted to participate.  We were so excited!   And being a part of this great event was even better than we anticipated!  The weather was perfect.  We met so many nice people.  There were fellow Motor City Packards friends who brought their cars, and also our friend Seamus, who we met last year at the Packard National Meet.  I invited my brother and his family to the village and they came on Father's Day.  It was great to spend time with my brother and his family, on Father's Day. 

                                                        Greenfield Village Front Gate
                                                      Driving through Greenfield Village.
Keith's 1955 Packard Clipper Super
We walked around the village to check out all the vehicles. 
Once again the boys are in 'Car Heaven'.
2014 marks the 50th anniversary for the Ford Mustang.
Mustang I   |  Mustang II    |    Serial #1 Mustang  
 1971 Mustang Boss 351  
1968 Shelby GT 500 KR
1971 Satellite Sebring 
I know we were in Ford territory, but I'm a Mopar girl.
1970 Charger R/T    Yay Baby!

On our way to the Pass-In-Review Parade.
Cruisin' through the village with Model T's seamed surreal. 
 Pass-In-Review Parade
Seamus was in a 1955 Packard 400 and we are in our 1955 Packard Clipper Super.
Pass-In-Review Duck Parade
1954 Chrysler New Yorker and Trotwood Camper Trailer
This  camper is so adorable----people were flocking to see it. 
Davis gas stove and refrigerator combo---still works.  How cool is that?
The couple who own this camper are the some of the nicest people I've ever met.
    My neicie Bailey and nephew Nathan at the new playground.  I wish I would have taken more pictures of my nieces and nephews.  I took pictures of them on the carousel with my sister in law's phone and not my own!  Ughh! 
                                 Papa at one of our family reunions [cooking] at the cottage up north.

                                Keith's Dad  BBQ-ing in the backyard  in Detroit. 

    On Father's Day, Keith and I take time to remember of our fathers---- who have both gone home to be with the Lord.  We miss both of them very much.  We often talk about how much we wish that they were here to spend time with Erich and all of their grandchildren.  We wish they were both here to spend time with us.  During lunch at Greenfield Village, Terry and I were talking about the family reunions at the cottage and how good our father's cooking was.  Papa enjoyed cooking for our family.  Terry enjoys cooking also and he is a good cook.  It was nice to be able to talk with my brother about our father, on Father's Day.                 

When I was a kid,  I thought my parents would be around forever.  Now it seems like forever----- since we have seen them.


    Thank You Father God, for blessing our families with our fathers.  We were blessed to have good fathers who loved us, who taught us right from wrong and provided for our families.  There are many times when I would love to pick up the phone and talk to Papa or ask for his advice.  It's so good to know that although our fathers are no longer here with us; that we can always come to You with our thoughts and cares.

~Marcie 

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name.
Ephesians 3:14-15

Comments

Popular Posts