Erich's Birthday

     It's official.   Erich's a teenager.  Erich turned 13 years old this month.  Time is going by too fast for me!  Erich requested Mimi's 'Lemon Lovely' cake for his birthday.  I had a problem with our oven [Erich smelled gas] while baking the cake.  Keith called the gas company and the serviceman came to the house and said its time to replace our range-----so we've been without a range for the past few days.  I felt bad for Erich as his birthday had already been put on hold due to our busy mid- June schedule; so we took him out for dinner and he opened his birthday cards and gifts at the restaurant. 

'68 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396
Erich's chugging down a Faygo Rock-n-Rye.

      Last night Keith stopped and picked up a 'Bucket of Cluck' from KFC.  I bought a 'Lemon Whisper' cake by Awrey's Bakery.  The neat thing about this impromptu birthday soiree is that we rarely have KFC.  It's not that we don't like it; I avoid it, because its not exactly low-cal or 'heart smart'.  I love KFC coleslaw and I've been known to occasionally go through the drive-thru to buy a container for a side dish for my home-cooked dinners.  The 'Lemon Whisper' cake I found at my favorite fruit market.  I was thrilled to find a lemon cake, especially by Awrey's.  My mother used to take my brother and me to the Awrey's Bakery Outlet in Livonia when we were kids.  So for me, its a nice trip down memory lane to have an Awrey's cake for Erich's birthday.
                                          Monkey likes KFC too!  He's the first one at the table!
                                                 Monkey said, "KFC is paw- licking good!"
                                                 Wow!  13 candles almost covers the entire cake!
                   

The boys loved the lemon cake too! 

                                         
H A P P Y   13TH   B I R T H D A Y    E R I C H!


 May God bless you always and keep you in His care.
We love you very much. 
Mama and Papa
 oxox

Comments

Popular Posts