Detroit Symphony Orchestra & Denzal Sinclaire at Orchestra Hall

      This morning Mom and I met our friends from Bethany's 55+ club at Sindbad's Restaurant in Detroit to take the bus to Orchestra Hall to see Denzal Sinclaire with the DSO perform The Nat King Cole Songbook.  I am in L-O-V-E!  What a wonderful performance it was!  I kept thinking, "I wish Keith was here.  I wish Erich was here."  Erich knows a lot of Nat King Cole's music because I used to play a Nat King Cole CD for my Mama when we were taking care of her.  She really loved his music.  Erich plays the clarinet in band.  Keith and I have taken Erich to several DSO performances and he has really enjoyed the shows.  I hope that he continues to play in band throughout High school.  I keep telling him that girls love guys who have a musical talent.
       Denzal Sinclaire is a very talented man.  He can SING ladies!  He also  plays the piano, guitar and melodica. He sang 'Amazing Grace' so beautifully.  If you ever have the chance to see him, do yourself a favor and go!  You can thank me later!
      Jeff Tyzik the conductor is also very talented.  He played the trumpet---wonderfully!  Mom and I loved his suit.  He is quite stylish.  He wore a silver grey silk suit with a black sequined tie, and black patent leather dress shoes.
                   Orchestra Hall is a beautiful venue.  Another gem in the crown of Detroit. 
We had lunch at Sindbads after the concert.  Mom and I talked about the concert all the way home.  It was that good!   
~Marcie

Comments

Popular Posts