Trimming the Tree

      On Monday, December 8, 2014 I carried the Christmas tree decorations up from the basement and started trimming the tree.  I saved a few of Erich's favorite ornaments for him to hang when he came home from school.
Erich made this adorable little snowman ornament in pre-school.  I have a couple of boxes full of his art work.  It's all so cute that I don't have the heart to get rid of it.
                           I also worked on decorating the mantle while Erich was at school.
I bought the vintage carrier with the Putz houses, bottlebrush trees, spun-cotton and pinecone snowman at one of my favorite antique stores last year.  
  I like to watch Christmas movies while trimming the tree.  I asked Erich what movie he would like to watch when he came home and he chose, 'It's A Wonderful Life'.  He said that his favorite part is when the dance floor opens up and Mary and George fall into the pool.  I love that part too!  The tree is decorated with hand-made and vintage ornaments that we've collected over the years.
                                                  Erich hung the stockings with care.................


10 days and counting!

~Marcie


Comments

Popular Posts