Our Vacation | Arriving at Mackinaw City

     Tuesday we headed northbound on I-75 for a four day vacation to northern Michigan.  Our primary destination was Mackinac Island, with a visit to Cheboygan and St. Ignace.
We stayed in a cabin at Mackinaw City.
                                                                 Northbound I-75
                              
                                      Yay!  We made it to Mackinaw City and our cabin.


We had dinner at Dixie Saloon.  Keith and Erich loved the spare ribs. 
Erich added some graffiti to the wall. 


After dinner we walked around the Mackinaw City Marina. 

  

  
  
      It was raining when we left our house.  It was great to leave the inclement weather knowing that the forecast for "up north" was partly sunny skies, low humidity and the temperature---- in the mid-seventies.   It was a perfect day for traveling.  It's been a long time since I have been north of mid-Michigan.  The natural landscape, forest and flora is just gorgeous!  My Grandma and Grandpa Belcher lived in Kalkaska, Michigan.   Driving up north brought back so many memories of when I  was a little girl, I would spend a week in the summer with my grandparents.  Grandma and Grandpa would take me to Traverse City to visit their niece who lived on the bay and I would swim in the bay all day long.  My parents moved to Cheboygan, Michigan [from] Detroit in 1966 and our family lived there until 1969 and I still remember living there. 

     It was hard for me to get to sleep Tuesday night.   I was so excited with anticipation thinking about going to Mackinac Island!

                                                                    ~Marcie

Comments

Popular Posts